veganarchistische gourmet zecken küche
Ingredients for the shortcrust dough
- 300g wheat flour
- 80g oil
- some Water
- a pinch of salt
Ingredients for the Filling
- 500g red (faster cooked) or brown (slightly different taste) lentils
- some ginger root
- one onion
- a clove of garlic
- up to one chilli
- a few tomatoes (Variation: dried tomatoes)
- a handful of mushrooms
- Sunflower seeds
- Curry powder
- some Sugar
- a little almond flour, if wanted
- a big bowl
- two cooking pots
- a springform pan, parchment paper if wanted
- a blender
- knead the ingredients for the dough into a solid but well kneadable dough. Add water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Grease the Springform pan or line it with parchment paper. Line the bottom and the side (3-4cm high) interpret the springform pan with a thin layer of shortcrust pastry.
- Cut the onion to small cubes and fry it.
- Add lentils and barely cover them with with water, the them cook. Season with curry powder, salt, chopped ginger and, if wanted, garlic and chilli.
- Boil until the lentils are tender, mash them with the mixer and add some seasoning.
- Heat the sunflower seeds in a second pan with a little sugar to caramelize.
- Cut the tomatoes and mushrooms into slices and place them on the dough.
- Sprinkle with the sunflower seeds. Then pour in the filling and smoothen. I like to sprinkle the surface with a little almond.
- bake about 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 ° C bake; after 30 minutes, check whether the dough is already crispy and the filling stays in shape.
- Serve on a plate with some fresh salad and garnish with a few herbs or sunflower seeds.
- The filling can be replaced with other vegetables or walnuts.
- It can also be made creamier by soy milk / soy cream, but I wanted a recipe without „substitutes“ to impress Omnivores.
- Time: 70 minutes
- Preparing: 30 minutes
- Baking: about 40 minutes @ 200°C